Why .ie domain name registration for Irish businesses?
The .ie domain name is the national web address of Ireland. Choosing .ie immediately indicates to a customer that you have a connection with Ireland and a proven claim to that domain name.
What message does a .ie give to your customers?
- You're Irish – For .ie domain name registration you must provide proof of a substantive and real connection to Ireland, usually proof of a registered company or business name, statement from your bank of accountant that you trade in Ireland or a range of other proofs depending upon your circumstances.
- Safety – .ie domains are deemed the 2nd safest domain name in the world. They have lower rates of cybercrime and cybersquatting than other domain name.
- Confidence & Trust – Having a .ie domain can give confidence to your customers know exactly who they are dealing with.
Benefits over .com domain names
- Shows you're an Irish business – .com's can be from anywhere in the world and there's no restriction on who can register one.
- Better protection for your business brand name – .com domains tend to have thousands of domain name dispute claims filed, .ie had six.
- Greater available of .ie domain names – Most of the good .com domain names have already been registered, or are sitting unused by cybersquatters who charge huge sums of money to buy them. Because of .ie proof of entitlement requirements, there is a much better chance that your .ie domain name will be available.
- Google benefits: – Irish people searching in Google for goods and services will tend to click a .ie website before a .com because they're more assured it's an Irish business, it’s local and likely to be more relevant. Google's search algorithms will also tend to give .ie websites more prominence when users search from google.ie.
Requirements to Register a .ie domain name
A range of domain name registration categories are available, each with their own requirements to register the .ie name: Corporate Name, Registered Business Name, Trade Mark Name, Personal Name, Publication Name, Unincorporated Association Name, State Agency Name, Educational Institution Name, Politician's Name, Personal Trading Name, Discretionary Name. Find out more about the requirements to register a .ie domain name.