Webtrade have been acredited IEDR resellers for over 15 years. Contact our expert team for advice on registering your new .ie domain and all other related services to gettting you online.
Why register a .ie?
The .ie domain name is the national web address of Ireland. Choosing .ie immediately indicates to a customer that you have a connection with Ireland and a proven claim to that domain name.
What message does a .ie give?
- You're Irish – For .ie domain name registration you must provide proof of a substantive and real connection to Ireland, usually proof of a registered company or business name, statement from your bank of accountant that you trade in Ireland or a range of other proofs depending upon your circumstances.
- Safety – .ie domains are deemed the 2nd safest domain name in the world. They have lower rates of cybercrime and cybersquatting than other domain name.
- Confidence & Trust – Having a .ie domain can give confidence to your customers know exactly who they are dealing with.
Benefits over .com domain names
- Shows you're an Irish business – .com's can be from anywhere in the world and there's no restriction on who can register one.
- Better protection for your business brand name – in 2013 .com had thousands of domain name dispute claims filed, .ie had seven.
- Greater available of .ie domain names – Most of the good .com domain names have already been registered, or are sitting unused by cybersquatters who charge huge sums of money to buy them. There is a much better chance that your .ie domain name will be available.
- Google benefits – Irish people searching in Google for goods and services will tend to click a .ie website before a .com because they're more assured it's an Irish business, it’s local and likely to be more relevant. Google's search algorithms will also tend to give .ie websites more prominence when users search from google.ie.
A range of domain name registration categories are available, each with their own requirements to register the .ie name: Corporate Name, Registered Business Name, Trade Mark Name, Personal Name, Publication Name, Unincorporated Association Name, State Agency Name, Educational Institution Name, Politician's Name, Personal Trading Name, Discretionary Name.
Find out more about the requirements to register a .ie domain name.
Free Domain Name Registration & DNS
We include a free .ie or .com domain name and DNS services with all of our website packages. It makes sense to keep everything under one roof which helps us better support you.
Uptime Monitoring – Every 60 Seconds!
Website uptime is vital, so we monitor your domain every 60 seconds to make sure it’s up and available to the world. Night or day our hosting team is alerted of any problems or issues that might arise and promptly work to get services restored.
Our Other Hosting Services
Webtrade offer a full range of other web server and database hosting services including add-on's such as SSL certificates, email anti-spam and anti-virus services to name just a few. Find out more.